Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lord, You Have Blessed Me

Yo Peeps.

This is the song I wrote for Study Skills this year. I think I'm gonna totally and completely change the tune coz I feel that it sucks. So it will be awhile before anyone hears it... lol. I may ask a few to help me with it after I have figured out the vocals again. I may ask Trevor to help me with the piano and Bree to help me with the guitar. I may also ask my friend Corky that most of you don't know to help me with the piano, but he's never around, so it would be hard. Well, here are the lyrics at least:

Verse 1: When the sun sets on my heart,
And all I feel is sorrow.
When I feel torn apart,
As if there were no tomorrow.

Verse 2: I know I have a home,
And food I can afford.
And that I'm never alone,
Because I have You Lord.

Bridge: There's nothing better,
With You,
It'll all come together.

Chorus: Lord, You have blessed me.
More than I'll ever know.
More than I'll ever show
Any gratitude for.
Lord, You have blessed me.

Verse 3: I thank you for my friends,
And my wonderful family.
Until the end,
They will always stand by me.

Verse 4: Thank You for the one,
The one you led me to.
From whom I'll never run
And who tells me, "I love you."

[Repeat Bridge and Chorus]

Verse 5: Thank you for the sacrifice
That You made for us in love.
I speak of Jesus Christ.
Lord, You are enough.

[Repeat Chorus]

Lord, You have blessed me.

Well, I'm going to end this entry now coz my comp is freaking out. Goodbye. Please excuse any typos.

~Sarah~

5 Comments:

Blogger psycho_chick said...

what about me curley fri jk neways im glad that you got your song finished i remember when you were writting it neways TTYL >:D

10:23 AM  
Blogger Breanna Monique said...

Wow. Those are powerful lyrics, especially when you know the story. I can't wait to hear it when it is completed.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lauren Mayerle said...

Those are really great lyrics. This is how great songs get started.

Keepy bugging "Corky" and I'm sure he'll help you out. It's not like his Christian-emo band takes up that much time (haha).

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lauren Mayerle said...

I used the word "great" twice. That's proof that I'll never be able to write song lyrics.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there hun, that is a truly great song. I want you to sing it for me sometime. Sorry I have been ignoring you sometimes. Love you babe.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home